Coconut-grilled pineapple: Great way to have a festive barbecue.
June 2, 2010 by Jackie K
Filed under American Cuisine
Recipe: Coconut-grilled pineapple: Great way to have a festive barbecue.
Summary: You can use bananas, peaches, plums or any stone fruit. and you can substitue melted unsalted butter fot coconut milk for dipping.
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled, slices and cored
- 1 can (14 oz.) usweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Shake the coconut can well, empty it in a shallow dish.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and place in a dish.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Dip each pineapple first in coconut milk, then in the sugar mixture, shaking the excess between each dip.
- Grill on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer the pineapples slices to a a platter.
- Garnish with mint. Or serve in bowls over ice cream. It can be served hot or cold.
Recipe by on.