Linguine with broccoli pine nuts and lemon Recipe
August 17, 2009 by Jackie K
Filed under Italian Food, Main Dish, Side Dish, Vegetarian
Summary: you can serve this spaghetti as side dish with grilled chicken or fish.
- 1 LB. linguine
- 1 lb. broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted and cut in small pieces.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup finely grates parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm. Cook the broccoli for 2 minutes in a boiling water. Drain and set aside. In a large pan ,heat the oil and add the lemon zest ND HEAT FOR 2 MINUTES. Add the broccoli, nuts, lemon juice and chilli . Mix until warmed trough . Season with salt and pepper. Add to the pasta with the cheese.serve warm.
Cooking time (duration): 30
Diet type: Vegetarian
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Italian