Coconut Thai Rice: creamy, fragrant and exotic flavor.
August 3, 2010 by Jackie K
Filed under Oriental Food
Recipe: Coconut Thai Rice: creamy, fragrant and exotic flavor.
Summary: the coconut milk and the fragrant jasmine rice creates exotic flavors in this dish.
- 1 cup jasmine rice or long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with liquid
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Rinse the rice and drain. in a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and saute onion and ginger until onions is translucent. Add the gralic and stir for 30 seconds. Stir rice and pineapple and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk. Let stand, covered for 5 minutes. Sprinkle salt over rice and fluff with a fork.
Culinary tradition: Thai
Recipe by on.