Spicy Extra Virgin Olive Oil, so tasty and rich in flavor
Recipe: Spicy Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Summary: Olive oil is a rich source of monounsaturated fat and antioxidants, olive oil is probably the only vegetable oil that can be consumed fresh.
- 1/2 c good extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 1/2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 2 whole sprigs oregano
- 1 tbsp salt
- Add olive oil to a small skillet and place just inside your oven.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic. (Note: You’re not frying the garlic – you’re looking to extract as much flavor from it as possible. Frying or cooking garlic to a high heat will result in a bitter taste.)
- After a minute or so, add the chili flakes and oregano. Stir to avoid sticking.
- When the garlic begins to brown, pull out of the oven.
- Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Jar and refrigerate any oil that is not used in this recipe for later use for an incredible flavor on Pizza Bianca.
Cooking time (duration): 40 Minutes
Diet (other): Low calorie
Culinary tradition: Italian
Recipe by on.