Grilled eggplant in Ciabatta squares: delicious pesto flavor with a grilling taste.
September 30, 2010 by Jackie K
Filed under Italian Food
Recipe: Grilled eggplant in Ciabatta squares: delicious pesto flavor with a grilling taste.
Summary: delicious and perfect sandwich to make ahead.
- 2 Ciabatta squares
- 1 medium eggplant
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Few pieces roasted red peppers
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- Few basil leaves
- Peel the eggplant and cut into ½ inch slices. Drizzle with some olive oil on each side, season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and soft.
- Make a slit in the ciabatta squares, spread with pesto.
- Fill with the grilled eggplant, few pieces of roasted peppers, top with 2 pieces of cheese in each roll, and few pieces of the fresh basil.
- Grill in a Panini Press or in a skillet until golden brown.
Cooking time (duration): 30 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Italian
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook