Malt-O-Meal Magic Muffins
This great recipe comes directly from the Malt-O-Meal® hot wheat cereal package. The recipe isn’t found on every package, so we thought we would make it available for you right here! Enjoy the original Magic Muffin Recipe, or get adventurous with the ingredient variations we’ve provided after the cooking instructions. Let us know how your muffins came out by leaving a comment. You can add other variations of this muffin recipe to your comment as well!
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Original Flavored Malt-O-Meal® hot wheat cereal, dry
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients
- stir together until ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon into a greased or paper-lined 12-cup muffin pan, filling cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Add and incorporate one 8.5-ounce can cream style corn to Magic Muffins recipe for Magic Corn Bread mix.
- Pour muffin mixture into a greased 13×9-inch pan and bake for 19 to 20 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For Banana Magic Muffins add ¾ cup mashed bananas to basic ingredients and follow the basic muffin baking instructions.
Share on Facebook