Chicken sausage sandwich: quick, delicious, and healthy.
July 26, 2010 by Jackie K
Filed under American Cuisine
Recipe: Chicken sausage sandwich: quick, delicious, and healthy.
Summary: very easy to make for your family or for a summer party.
- 1 package chicken sausage (pick the ones that have extra flavorings, like sundried tomatoes and provolne)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red peppers 1 orange peppers
- 1 medium onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- buns or pita bread
- Cut the sausage diagonally in about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut the peppers in long strips about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a large pan, heat the oil and cook the sausage and the pepper flakes over medium heat until they form a golden crust.
- Remove from heat and put in a plate. In the same pan,
- add the peppers and the onions and saute for about 7 minutes .
- Add the sausage back to the pan and saute for 2 to minutes.
- Remove from heat and put in a large platter.
- Serve on a bun or pita bread.
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook