Kashta: Rich creamy pudding used to stuff knaffe or atayef.
January 6, 2011 by Jackie K
Filed under Middle Eastern
Recipe: Kashta (قشطة): Rich creamy pudding used to stuff knaffe or atayef.
Summary: Kashta is very popular creamy pudding in the middle east. It can be eaten with some honey or attar, or stuffing for atayef and other desserts.
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons smeed or farina
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- Combine half and half, cream, smeed and cornstarch over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil and don’t stop whisking.
- Let it cool, than add both orange blossom water and rose water.
- You can serve with some honey or attar on top. Or can be used to stuff Atayef and knafi.
Cooking time (duration): 15 minutes
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- kashta recipe
- how to make kashta
- kashta cream
- atayef recipe