Date cake: Nutty, chewy and unique spices flavor.
October 13, 2009 by Jackie K
Filed under Baking, Dessert, Middle Eastern
Recipe: Date cake: Nutty, chewy and unique spices flavor.
Summary: This ia the best cake for a date lovers.
- 1 cup fluor
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups dates
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix fluor, sugar, spices salt and baking powder. Add the beaten eggs, butter, nuts and vanilla and mix well. Pour into a greased pan. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 2’’ squares. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Cooking time (duration): 40 minutes
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- middle eastern date cake
- middle eastern date cake recipe
- date cake
- moist date cakes
- recipe for date cake
- chewy(moist)date cookies or date cakes
- unique spices
- chewy date cake with powdered sugar
- middle eastern date pastry
- middle eastern desserts date cake