Sally’s Tapioca Salad
June 14, 2010 by admin
Filed under American Cuisine
- 2 pkg of tapioca dry pudding mix
- 3 C. milk
- 1/2 bag of miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium can crushed pineapple with the juice
- 2 medium cans of mandarin oranges
- 8 oz. tub of whipped topping
- Boil milk and pudding mix together stirring often to prevent scorching. Mixture should thicken as it cooks.
- Pour over the marshmallows and beat with a wire whip.
- Cool and allow mixture to thicken more as it reaches room temperature.
- Add pineapple, oranges, whipped topping and fold together.
- Pour into a pretty bowl and refrigerate.
Sally likes to garnish this dish with mandarin oranges. For Fall, she recommends arranging them in a pumpkin shape. For Spring, arrange them in the shape of a flower. Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
This very refreshing recipe was submitted by Malt-O-Meal Family Facebook Member, Sally Day. Do you have a family favorite Holiday recipe to contribute to one of our Facebook Family Cookbooks? Go to: www.facebook.com/MaltOMealFanPage to become a fan and get full details.