Broccoli-Carrot Frittata, Delicious egg recipe for breakfast, brunch or dinner
Recipe: Broccoli-Carrot Frittata
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups chopped broccoli or
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli
- ½ cup diced carrot (about 1 medium)
- ¼ cup water
- 8 Davidson’s Safest Choice Pasteurized Shell Eggs
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup skim or low fat milk
- 1 tbsp. instant minced onion
- 2 tsp. Prepared mustard 1 tsp.
- Seasoned salt,
- optional 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- Evenly coat 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with ovenproof handle with spray. Add broccoli, carrot and water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until carrot is crisptender, about 5 to 10 minutes. (Uncover and stir occasionally, if necessary, to break apart frozen broccoli.) Drain well. Return vegetables to pan. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, cheese, milk, onion, mustard, and salt, if desired and pepper until well blended. Pour over reserved vegetables. Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs are almost set, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover and broil about 6 inches from heat until eggs are completely set in center, about 2 to 3 minutes or let stand, covered, until eggs are completely set in center, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
To make handle ovenproof, wrap completely with aluminum foil.
Cooking time (duration): 20 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook