Fig Compote With Walnuts and sesame seeds: Sweet delicious treats to spread on a toasted baguette.
|Fig Compote With Walnuts and sesame seeds: Sweet delicious treats to spread on a toasted baguette.|
Recipe Type: dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
This is a very simple, healthy dessert ready in less than 30 minutes and will last a year if kept in a well-sealed jar, top it on your whole-wheat waffle for a delicious breakfast.
- 1 pound fresh figs, washed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 cloves whole
- 1 teaspoon ground anise
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Place water and sugar in a saucepan and let the sugar dissolve.
- Add figs, lemon juice, cloves, anise and walnuts.
- Let it boil. Remove from heat and take out the cloves.
- Add the sesame seeds.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Place in a well-sealed jar.
Share on Facebook