Gingered Rice: Quick fix and tasty rice recipe to serve with any Asian recipes.
Recipe Type: side dish
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
This gingered rice recipe is so delicious and perfect if you are looking to jazz up your rice recipe. Ginger adds a nice aroma and delicious flavor to the rice.
- 1 1/4 cups jasmine or basmati rice
- 2 “ ginger, peeled
- 1 cardamon pod
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Rinse the rice and drain.
- Place in a saucepan with oil.
- Mix for 1 minute.
- Add ginger and cardamon pod.
- Add 2 1/4 cups water.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover , reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with favorite Asian or Indian dishes.
Share on Facebook