Mediterranean Burgers With Hummus
October 10, 2010 by admin
Filed under Middle Eastern
Recipe: Mediterranean Burgers With Hummus
Summary: This is the perfect go-to dish for a summer BBQ or simply for an everyday satisfying meal any time of year.
- 1½ pounds ground beef or lamb
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ¼ cup minced mint
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large pickle sliced thinly in rounds
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato (thinly sliced into rounds)
- 8 hamburger buns, (split and lightly toasted)
- ½ cup Sabra Hummus (choose your favorite style) Or make your own
- In a medium sized bowl, combine ground beef or lamb, spices, lemon juice and egg. With wet hands shape into 8, 3½ inch diameter, patties.
- In a large grill pan, warm 3 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Grill burgers until nicely browned on each side, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place the bottom of the buns on plates. Spread a layer of hummus on the bun. Top with burger, sliced pickles, lettuce and sliced tomato. Spread more hummus on top of the bun.
- Then press on the bun tops and enjoy.
Recipe by Colombe Jacobsen
Cooking time (duration): 20 Minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Recipe by on.
Incoming search terms:
- mediteranian hamburger
- hummus hamburger
- mediterranean recipes using hamburger
- burgers with hummus
- healthy recipes with hummus and beef
- beef burger and hummus
- meat burger with hummus
- mediterran burger
- mediterrán hamburger
- mediterranean burgers and side dishes