Hummus with pomegranate molasses: delicious hummus variations, exotic and addictive.
August 29, 2010 by Jackie K
Filed under Middle Eastern
Summary: Pomegranate molasses can be found in mid-eastern groceries stores, also add a sweet sour and extra depth of flavors to hummus.
- Chickpeas 1 can
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- Garlic one clove
- Pomegranate molasses 1-2 tbsp (to taste)
- Olive oil
- Mint leaves ( optional)
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- In a food processor put the drained chickpeas, tahini, molasses, crushed garlic and a squeeze of lemon.
- Process on high speed for about five minutes till you get smooth texture.
- Add salt to taste
- If the hummus is too thick you can loosen with some water.
- Leave the hummus in the fridge over night if you can for the flavours to develop.
- Spread in a plate. Decorate with mint and pine nuts and drizzle with olive oil.
Chick Peas – Garbanzos (Ziyad) 439g
List Price: $ 0.99
Tahini, Ground Sesame Seeds (ziyad) 2lb
- Pack of 2 pounds
- Premium quality sesame paste
- Use it in your favorite salad dressings, hummus, baba ganoush and more
Tahini is made of hulled sesame seeds that have been roasted and ground into a delicious paste. This spread can also be used as a healthy alternative to butter and margarine on bread and toast. It is known to be rich in protein and is incorporated into many Middle Eastern dishes such as Hummus and Baba Ghanoug.Lebanon.
List Price: $ 7.99
Pomegranate Molasses – 14 oz
- Bottle of 14 ounces
- An unusual ingredient with a wide range of creative uses
- Add zip to your barbecue sauce, drizzle around foie gras or add delicious sweetness to your breads
An unusual ingredient with a wide range of creative uses. Add zip to your barbecue sauce, drizzle around foie gras or add delicious sweetness to your breads. Even use as a topping for your desserts and waffles. An essential for the creative chef.
List Price: $ 4.38
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- pomegranate molasses
- recipes using pomegranate molasses