Mulukhiyeh: The BEST authentic Mulukiyeh recipe, very popular dish in the Middle East.
August 7, 2011 by Jackie K
Filed under Middle Eastern
Recipe Type: main dish
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Mulukhiyeh also known as jews mellow is a leafy vegetable that grow in the summer and is very popular throughout the Middle East. It is available fresh, dry, and frozen. The plant has an potent antioxidant activity with a significant α-tocopherol equivalent Vitamin E. The most popular kind in US is the frozen kind, and can be found in all Middle East grocery stores.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup of the chicken broth
- 2 bags frozen Mulukhiyeh
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted pita
- In a small saucepan, sauté minced garlic and coriander over medium heat for 1 minutes, until garlic are golden in color.
- Don’t overcook the garlic, it will taste bitter.
- Add the cooked chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen Mulukhiyeh and the broth.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice and toasted pita.
- Extra garlic and lemon juice can be added to your taste
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- mulukiyeh recipe