Satay Lamb with Rice
August 22, 2009 by Jackie K
Filed under Main Dish, Oriental Food
Recipe: Satay Lamb with Rice
Summary: tasty lamb from the east
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 lb. Lamb loin filets slicerd
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped coriander
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts, roasted and chopped
- Heat a wok over high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add half of the lamb and cook for 3 minutes.
- Repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and the rest of the lamb.
- Reheat the remaining oil and cumin, turmeric, and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Return the lamb to the wok. stir in the chili sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk and sugar. Bring to boil and simmer fop 5 minutes.
- remove from heat and add the lemon juice.
- stir in the coriander and sprinkle with peanuts.
Serve with rice.
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Share on Facebook