Zaatar(oregano dip زعتر): secrect recipe for zaatar as a dip or topping.
May 10, 2010 by Jackie K
Filed under Middle Eastern
Recipe: Zaatar(oregano dip زعتر ): secrect recipe for zaatar as a dip or topping.
Summary: also known as MAN-OUSHI مناقيش بزعتر when topped on a dough and baked like pizza.
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Pulse the oregano in a coffee grinder 3 times.
- Place the sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat and toast until golden brown.
- in a large bowl add all the ingredients and make sure to add the sesame while still hot.
- Mix well.
- To serve, add couples spoons of oregano mix with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, mix and serve with pita bread.
- Also use the same mix to top your dough and bake it as you are baking any pizza.
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- zaatar dip
- zaatar dip recipe
- zaatar recipe