Barley Chick Peas Gazpacho: Very refreshing cold summery soup.
|Barley Chick Peas Gazpacho, (Mtableh) in Arabic متبلة||
Recipe Type: soup
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
This is a very old recipe my grandma use to make it in the summer it is pronounced Mu-tableh or Mu-tabli (متبلة) . It is very easy to make. The combination of barley, chick peas and yogurt gives this cold soup a delicious flavor and very refreshing treat for your hot summer afternoon.
- 2 cups peeled barley
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 pound plain yogurt
- Salt to taste.
- Rinse barley
- In a large saucepan, cover barley with water and coon until soft.
- Drain, add salt and set aside.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Return to stove and add yogurt.
- Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes over low heat just before boil.
- Keep stirring to prevent yogurt from curdle.
- Once heated through, turn the heat
- Let it cool.
- Store in the fridge.
- Serve cold.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- mtableh soup