Kaak b’ haleeb (milk rolls) (كعك بحليب)
September 28, 2009 by Jackie K
Filed under Baking, Dessert, Middle Eastern
كعك بحليب Recipe: Kaak b’ haleeb (milk rolls)
Summary: These rolls can be served for breakfast or any time during the day with coffee or tea.
- 12 cups fluor
- 1 ½ tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon mahlab (found in mid-eastern stores)
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 3 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 quart milk
- 1 pd. Butter melted
- Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup warm water and a dash of sugar. Let it rise.
- Mix flour, mahlab, nutmeg, and sugar. Add butter and yeast.
- Add the milk gradually and knead until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Put the dough in a oiled bowl, and cover it with a plastic wrap. Let it rest for 4 hours or until it doubles in size.
- Roll into 2” in diameter balls. Let it rest for 2 more hours.
- Roll each piece in a 4” strip and seal the sides to form a ring.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degrees oven on an ungreased baking sheets, for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Cooking time (duration): 60 minutes
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- kaak recipe
- كعك بحليب
- kaak bi haleeb
- kaak bi haleeb recipe
- kaak recipes
- lebanese kaak recipe
- kaak recipe mahlab
- how to make kaak