Chicken Alfredo with Mostaccioli: Delicious creamy pasta dinner for the whole family.
January 22, 2011 by Jackie K
Filed under Italian Food
Recipe: Chicken Alfredo with Mostaccioli
Summary: This is a very tasty pasta dish, perfect for gathering. Can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for 1 month until ready to bake.
- 2 pieces chicken breasts, cooked
- ¼ of the mostaccioli box
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, or gruyere
- 3 ½ cups béchamel sauce, medium thickness (recipe follows)
- For the medium thickness béchamel:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Melt the butter over medium heat, than add flour and salt. Keep whisking until the flour is cooked and bubbly. Gradually add the milk and don’t stop whisking until the sauce is just start boiling.
- Makes 1 cup.
- For the pasta:
- Cook the pasta in salty water a la dente. Drain and set aside.
- To arrange the dish:
- First cut the cooked chicken in small pieces
- . Mix 3 ½ cups of the warm sauce with cheese, and mix well.
- Grease a 13×9 baking dish and place 1/3 of the pasta on the bottom. Add 1/3 of the chicken, than ½ of the sauce. Repeat the layers with the sauce on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes until bubbly and the top is lightly brown.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Cooking time (duration): 40 minutes
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- chicken mostaccioli
- Chicken Alfredo Mostaccioli Recipe