September 24, 2009 by Jackie K
Filed under American Cuisine, Baking, Dessert
Recipe: Earthquake Cake
Summary: Great tasting easy to make cake, the coconut and the cheese give a moist wonderful tropical accent.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 German Chocolate Cake mix
- 1 8 oz. Cream cheese softened
- ½ cup margarine softened
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix pecans and coconut.
- Grease a 10”x14” cake pan. Line with pecans and coconut mix.
- Mix cake mix according to box and pour over nut mixture Blend margarine, sugar, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Spoon over cake mix leaving 1 inch around edges so sugar mixture does not caramelize. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center come out clean.
- For an elegant finish, toast some coconut flakes and sprinkle on the top of the cake.
Cooking time (duration): 60 minutes
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- earthquake cake recipe
- earthquake cake recipe coconut
- chocolate cake for 10x14 pan
- earthquake cake
- earthquake cake recipes
- earthquake roll cake
- recipe for earthquake cake
CommentsOne Response to “Earthquake Cake”
TrackbacksCheck out what others are saying about this post...
This post was mentioned on Twitter by Vivian Lu. Vivian Lu said: Earthquake Cake : Recipes, Recipes And More Recipes: For an elegant finish, taost some coconut flakes and sprin.