Awwamat (عوامات): Sweet, delicious and crispy.
Summary: عواماتAwwamat sometimes spelled Awamat is a traditional and common Middle Eastern sweet. This awamat recipe or awama is easy to make and so delicious. Awamat is one of the most popular Middle Eastern sweets; you will find it in every pastry shop, piled up in a tray in big pyramid shape.
- 4 cups flour
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons dry yeast
- dash of salt
- 5 cups oil for frying
- attar (syrup)
- Dissolve the yeast in 2 tablespoons warm water and ¼ teaspoon sugar.
- Let it rise. Mix the flour, salt. Add the yeast, water and beat until you get the consistency as pancakes mix.
- Set aside for4 hours and let it rise.
- Heat the oil on medium fire to high fire.
- Dip a tablespoon in water, picking up a small portion of the batter, and dropping them into the hot oil.
- Fry until light brown.
- Remove and dip in cold Attar.
Cooking time (duration): 60 minutes
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- awamat recipe
- awama recipe
- 3awama recipe
- awameh recipe
- 3awama sweet recipe
- how to make awamat
- awwamat recipe
- how to make awama