Naan: Best recipe for indian bread to make at home.
September 2, 2010 by Jackie K
Filed under Indian Cuisine
Recipe: Naan: Best recipe for indian bread to make at home.
Summary: Naan is an indian bread, with a chewy texture that is best eaten with curry dishes.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter or ghee
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix the yeast with dash of sugar and the warm water. Let it rise.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and the yeast. Add the yogurt and the milk. Keep kneading until a dough forms and dosen’t stick to your hands. Add water or fluor to make the right consistency.
- Cover and let it rise until it doubles in size.
- Cut in 7 pieces and roll into 2 cm in thickness.
- Cover again and let it rise for about another hour.
- Brush each piece with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds if using.
- Bake in 500 degrees oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite curry dishes.
Cooking time (duration): 90 minutes
Culinary tradition: Indian (Southern)
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- naan recipe
- best naan recipe
- best naan recipes
- how to make indian nan with sesame seeds at home
- how to make naan at home
- how to make naan bread at home recipe in words