Pita Bread: how to make pita bread in your own home.
Summary: It is suprisingly easy to make pita bread at home, just follow this recipe and you will be proud you made it.
- 8 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 3 cups water
- Mix the yeast with dash of sugar and 1/4 cup warm water.
- Set aside and let it rise.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, yeast and water. Add more water if the dough feels dry.
- Keep kneading until the the dough becomes smooth and dosen’t stick to your hands.
- Cover the dough and keep it away from draft, until it doubles in size.
- Cut the dough in round pieces. Cover again and let it rest for another hour.
- On floured surface, roll each rounded dough in a 2 mm. thick.
- Bake in 250 degrees F. oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until done.
Share on Facebook