Pineapple sauce: great served over ice cream or bread pudding.
August 5, 2010 by Jackie K
Filed under Dips and sauces
Recipe: Pineapple sauce: great served over ice cream or bread pudding.
Summary: very refreshing pineapple sauce to add over ice cream.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple in heavy syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Drain the crushed pineapple and keep the syrup. In a saucepan, combine syrup, cornstarch and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the crushed pineapple and stir until evenly distributed. Serve over ice cream or bread pudding.
Cooking time (duration): 7 minutes
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- pineapple sauce
- pineapple sauce for ice cream
- pineapple topping for ice cream
- pineapple sauce ice cream