Chorizo and mushrooms fondue: Recipe that turns you into a gourmet pro cook
November 9, 2009 by Jackie K
Filed under Appetizer, Main Dish, Mexican food
Recipe: Chorizo and mushrooms fondue: Recipe that turn you to a gourmet pro cook.
Summary: Serve with tortillas or as a fondue for dipping while it it is warm.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 Serrano peppers, sliced
- ¼ cup corona beer, or any Mexican beer
- 12 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 package tortilla (6-8 inch)
- Sweat the onions in oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and chorizo for 5 minutes, or until done. Add the tomatoes and the Serrano pepper, and mix. Add the beer and cook until the liquid is almost gone. Turn the heat down and mix in the cheese until melted. Serve with warm tortillas or as a fondue with toasted tortillas.
Cooking time (duration): 05 minutes
Meal type: hors d’oerves
Culinary tradition: Spanish
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook