Creamy Yogurt Oregano Dip
June 16, 2010 by admin
Filed under Greek Food
This would make a great sauce for falafel, hamburgers, or just crackers/vegetables as dip delivery devices. This recipe can be halved.
- 2 Cups Plain Lowfat Greek (strained) yogurt (see note below)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (or two green onions) juice from 1 garlic clove, (I used a microplane, you can also try a garlic press and just add the juice)
- 2 quick dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate to develop flavors, at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours. Serve as a thick sauce for lamb burgers, falafel, as a dip plate, etc.
Makes 6 Servings (About 1 3/4 Cups of Dip).
Greek Yogurt Note: it’s a strained therefore thicker yogurt. You can use nonfat or full fat if you like. Trader Joe’s sells a Greek brand and their own brand of Greek yogurt. You can make your own too: Set strainer over 4-cup measuring cup. Line strainer with paper towel. Add yogurt to strainer; chill until yogurt is thick (about 1 cup liquid will drain from yogurt), at least 2 hours or overnight.
Incoming search terms:
- yogurt chip dip
- oregano dip
- Yogurt-Oregano Dip
- yogurt oregano dip
- yogurt oregano
- greek yogurt spread with oregano recipe
- yogurt chip dip recipes
- chip dip greek yogurt recipe
- yogurt chip dip recipe oregano
- yogurt dip