Lebanese sesame seeds bars ( Semesmeyi): very popular candy bars in Lebanon.
|Lebanese sesame seeds bars (سمسمية)|
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
These sesame bars are very popular in Lebanon, they are very easy to make and Taste delicious, not too sweet are sticky and just the right texture. If you like the taste of sesame seeds, this is the perfect recipe for you.
- 1 1/2 cups toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water or vanilla extract
- First make the syrup: Combine sugar and water over medium heat until it comes to boil. Add lemon juice and simmer for 10 more minutes. Let t cool and add the orange blossom water.
- Grease a 9” pan with oil or tahini paste. Mix sesame seeds with syrup and pour in pan. Smooth the surface and cut into diamonds shapes. Let it cool completely. Serve it at room temperature and store the rest in a sealed plastic bag in freezer.
Serving size: 2
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- sesame seed bars recipe
- recipe sesame candy bars
- lebanese nuts bar recipes
- sesame candy middle eastern recipe
- حلويات لبنانيه
- ماك سمسميه