Roasted Beet Salad: So delicious and colorful salad.
March 30, 2010 by Jackie K
Filed under American Cuisine
Recipe: Roasted beet salad: So delicious and colorful salad.
Summary: This tasty recipe is taken from “one united HARVEST” cookbook, Beets are loaded with vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C. The greens have a higher content of iron compared to spinach, an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, sodium and iron. This salad is not only tasty but also so healthy, enjoy!
- 5 beets
- 1/2 romaine lettuce
- 10 orange sections
- 1/2 cupgoat cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Caramelized pecans
- Wrap each beet in foil with drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool and peel.
- Dice the beets and arrange on lettuce with the orange sections and the cheese.
- Mix the oil, vinegar and orange juice and dress the salad.
- Sprinkle with caramelized pecans and serve.
One United Harvest is a cookbook filled with recipes from Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farms from across the country. Framers, CSA members, gardeners and produce-lovers will appreciate a book that goes right to the source and extracts the best recipes from America’s CSA movement. More than a receipe book, One United Harvest represents the willingness of small community famrs from Maine to Hawaii to work together to spread and share the word about the importance of comminity farming. This guidebook will serve as your companion on your journey through the CSA experience, as you discover new ways to prepare and preserve produce. My friend Julie Vitale owns and runs one of these farms in our local areas. Both her sons are the best hockey goalies in south east Michigan. (best kids in the nursery)
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- roasted beet salad recipe
- roasted beet salad recipes
- roasted beet salad