Roasted Butternut Squash with Bacon and Pecorino Romano: sweet, salty, nutty side dish, with lots of different flavors.
January 10, 2011 by Jackie K
Filed under American Cuisine
Recipe: Roasted Butternut Squash with Bacon and Pecorino Romano.
Summary: This is a very delicious side dish for any winter meal. Very well balanced sweet and salty flavor.
- 1 butternut squash, washed, seeded and cut lengthwise in half
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 big piece portabella mushroom, sliced thin
- 8 slices Pecorino Romano cheese, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle butternut squash with salt and pepper. Drizzle little olive oil on top.
- Roast the butternut squash for about 1 hour until tender. Remove from oven.
- While roasting, cook the bacon in microwave on high until crispy. Cut them in small pieces.
- Sprinkle mushroom with olive oil, salt and pepper and cook in the oven until tender.
- Top the butternut squash with bacon, mushrooms and cheese. Return to oven and cook for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese melted.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Cooking time (duration): 40 minutes
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Incoming search terms:
- roasted butternut squash bacon
- dish recipes pecorino romano
- BUTTERNUT SALTY SIDE
- sweet and salty butternut squash
- squash roasted bacon
- romano squash
- roasted squash with bacon and cheese
- roasted squash and bacon
- roast butternut squash indian
- oven roasted butternut squash with bacon