Sheikh el mehshi (شيخ المحشي): delicious Small eggplant cooked in pomegranate molasses.
|Sheikh el mehshi (شيخ المحشي): delicious Small eggplant cooked in pomegranate molasses.||
Recipe Type: main dish
- 10 small eggplants
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 recipe sautéed ground meat with onions (hashweh)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all spice
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted Pine nuts
- Wash eggplants and cut lengthwise.
- Remove seeds to make dents in the middle.
- Heat about 1/2 cup vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Fry eggplants for few minutes until soft.
- Arrange in a tray and fill each with 1 tablespoon of hashweh.
- Mix tomato paste with 2 cups water.
- Add salt, pepper, allspice and pomegranate molasses.
- Top eggplants with tomato molasses sauce.
- Cover with aluminium foil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook for about 1 hour or until bubbly and the eggplants are done.
- Garnish with pine nuts.
- Serve with rice.
Share on Facebook