Summer time key Lime pie: Taste this easy summertime treat
September 30, 2009 by Jackie K
Filed under American Cuisine, Dessert
Recipe: key lime pie: Taste this easy summertime treat
Summary: this recipe is simple and easy to make ,very refreshing specially in the summer.
- 1 ¾ cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 serving size) jell-o brand lime gelatin flavor dessert
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust (6 oz.)
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until dissolved. Stir in lime peel and juice. Stir in ice cream until melted and smooth. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Garnish as desired.
Cooking time (duration): 30 minutes
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Share on Facebook