Fattoush Salad: refreshing lemony delicious lebanese style.
October 19, 2010 by Jackie K
Filed under Middle Eastern
Recipe: Fattoush Salad: refreshing lemony delicious lebanese style.
Summary: It is best to make fattoush when vegetables are in season. The dressing can be used on any garden salad or a greek salad.
- 1 loaf pita bread cut in small pieces, toasted or fried
- 1 medium size romaine lettuce
- 1 pound english cucumbers
- 1 pound tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch raddish
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint (if available)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green, red or orange pepper
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped coarsely
- For the dressing:
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mint
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, raddish, mint and pepper coarsely. Add the onions and parsley.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and add to the salad with the pita pieces.
Cooking time (duration): 15 minutes
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- fattoush salad recipe
- fattoush salad dressing recipe
- fatoush salad recipe
- recipe for fattoush salad
- fattoush dressing