Watercress vinaigrette salad: tasty healthful salad with dates and blue cheese.
Recipe: Watercress vinaigrette salad: tasty healthful salad with dates and blue cheese.
Summary: this is a tasty delicious salad perfect to serve with any meal.
- 2 oranges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium bunch watercress, tough stems removed
- 1/2 cup flat parsley, chopped
- 1/2 bunch lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped dried dates
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- toasted french bread
- Segment the oranges, discard the seeds, remove the membranes with a paring knife. Put them in a bowl. Whisk in the garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil. Add the watercress, parsley and lettuce.
- Divide the salad among plates and top with oranges, walnuts, dates and blue cheese.
- Serve with toasted french bread.
Cooking time (duration): 15 minutes
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Recipe by on.