Barazek (sesame and pistachios cookies): chewy, lightly sweet and nutty.
October 13, 2009 by Jackie K
Filed under Baking, Middle Eastern
Recipe: Barazek (sesame and pistachios cookies): chewy, lightly sweet and nutty.
Summary: Very popular cookies in the middle east. Very easy to make, light and chewy.
- 2 cups sesame seeds
- ½ cup attar (syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups farina or smeed
- 1 ¾ cups fluor
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 talespoons milk
- dash of salt
- ¾ cup chopped pistachios
- Mix sesame seeds and attar (syrup). Cream eggs, butter and sugar together.
- Mix the fluor, smeed and salt.
- Add to the egg mixture and blend all together.
- Add the milk gradually to form a dough.
- Cut the dough in small balls. Dip in pistachios.
- Flatten between your fingers to form a 2’’ round cookie.
- Place on a greased cookie pan with pistachios covered side.
- Cover each piece with t tablespoon of sesame mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown in a 375 degrees oven.
Cooking time (duration): 45 minutes
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- barazek recipe
- barazek sesame cookies
- how to make barazek