Recipe: Pumpkin Pie
Summary: the cream cheese gives this pie a delicious taste and the ginger gives a unique flavor .
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese
- 2 cups canned pumpkin, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half ¼ cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 piece pre- made pie dough
- whipped cream, for topping
- plus 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten 1 cup half-and-half ¼ cup (1/2 stick)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Press 1 piece of pre-made pie dough down along bottom and all sides of 9 inch. Pie pan. Put the pie shell in the freezer to firm up, for 1 hour. Cover the shell with aluminum foil. Fill about 2 pounds of dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes. For the filling, beat the cream cheese. Add the pumpkin and beat until combined. Add the sugar and salt, and beat till combined. Add the eggs with the yolks, half-and half, and melted butter, and beat. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger, and beat until incorporated. Pour the filling into prepared pie crust. Bake for 50 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool. Decorate with whipped cream.
Cooking time (duration): 40 minutes
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook