Best Turkey Stuffing Recipe, Classic
November 24, 2010 by admin
Filed under American Cuisine
Recipe: Turkey Stuffing Recipe
Summary: Invigorating sage, thyme, celery seed, bay leaves, rosemary, and marjoram are freshly ground in this easy stove-top Thanksgiving recipe. Moist and unique, this flavorful dish has incomparable flavor to store-bought stuffing.
- 2 cups stale store-bought bread, cubed then ground
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon chicken soup base
- The night before: Chop the store-bought bread into cubes.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet to dry out overnight. Cover with a clean dishtowel.
- The next day: Grind the stale bread in a food processor or blender.
- Bring the chicken broth and butter to a boil.
- Add the parsley, poultry seasoning and chicken soup base.
- Bring back to boil, and then turn down the heat to low.
- Toss in the breadcrumbs, moistening them with the flavor-filled broth.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe doubles very well, this version serves 3-4 adults.
Cooking time (duration): 30 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- turkey stuffing
- best turkey stuffing recipe