Couscous Salad: so easy and delicious side dish.
Recipe Type: side dish
Couscous is a wonderful versatile pasta, made of tiny grains of dough that are steamed. It hails from Morocco and northern Algeria, and is a staple throughout North Africa. It only takes few minutes to cook it and it’s so delicious with about any vegetables or dried fruits you mix in.
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups couscous
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup pistachios, toasted
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup preserved lemon, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 small handful mint, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat apple juice in a pan until hot.
- Put couscous in a bowl.
- Pour over the hot juice.
- Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up with a fork.
- Add onions, pistachios, dried apricots, olives and preserved lemon.
- Pile couscous over large plate.
- Garnish with mint and parsley.
- Serve with grilled chicken or Moraccon-style chicken.
Share on Facebook