Couscous with sun-dried tomatoes: light and easy delicious side dish.
|Couscous with sun-dried tomatoes.||
Recipe Type: side dish
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Couscous is a wonderful versatile pasta, made of tiny grains of dough that are steamed. It hails from Morocco and northern Algeria, and is a staple throughout North Africa. It only takes few minutes to cook it and it’s so delicious with about any vegetables or dried fruits you mix in.
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 zucchini , sliced
- 1/2 red or yellow chargrilled peppers
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- handful fresh mint, chopped
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Throw in couscous and turn the heat off.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil.
- Add onions and zucchini and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the peppers and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Stir in couscous.
- Stir in the orange zest, orange juice and chopped mint.
- Fluff and serve with grilled chicken.
Share on Facebook