Easy way to cook Rice with noodles, so simple and tasty
August 25, 2010 by Jackie K
Filed under Middle Eastern
Recipe: Rice with Noodles RIZ BI SH’ARIEH (رز بالشعرية)
Summary: Rice with noodles is the most popular side dish in the world, this is the style authentic to the Middle East
- 2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup fine noodles
- 3/4 cup samneh (or other shortening) Or butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Soak local rice in hot water for half an hour.
- Wash and drain.
- Heat samneh and fry noodles in this hot fat for two minutes.
- Watch carefully so that they do not burn.
- Add rice and salt. Stir to coat rice evenly with fat.
- Add water. Boil on high flame until water is nearly all absorbed.
- Lower the flame, place a (optional) wire rack between the flame and the pan and leave it covered until rice is dry and fluffy.
- Stir very gently when ready to serve. Accompany with a dish of yogurt.
Diet type: Semi Vegetarian
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- middle eastern rice with noodles
Excellent recipe Jackie, thank you. When you say “fine noodles”, what substitutions can I make? I used store bought spaghetti noodles and it tasted great, which surprised me because I assumed the rice and noodle combination would be bland, but it was pretty good and this can serve as a pilaf for a lot of things.
Thank you for you kind words,
The best noodle for the this recipe is Vermiccille noodles. If you can’t find that in your local grocery store, you can use Orzo.