Hamburger vegetable soup: How to make a healthy hamburger without sacrificing the taste.
November 15, 2009 by Jackie K
Filed under American Cuisine, Soup
Recipe: Hamburger vegetable soup: How to make a healthy hamburger without sacrificing the taste.
Summary: Very satisfying soup for hamburger lovers.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (14 ½ oz. each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 9 oz. package frozen green beans
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup ditalini pasta or any small pasta
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a soup kettle, cook the beef, green pepper, onions and the garlic over medium heat. Stir the remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables and the pasta are tender. Serve with your favorite whole wheat or whole grain bread.
Cooking time (duration): 30 minutes
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook