Upside-Down Mango Ginger cake: The best mango-ginger cake you will ever taste.
December 2, 2009 by Jackie K
Filed under American Cuisine
Recipe: Upside-Down Mango Ginger cake
Summary: Upside-Down Mango Ginger cake so easy to make, so beautiful on the table to serve. The toppings function as a crust when the cake was inverted, hence the name Upside-Down. The taste is very well balanced and scrumptious. If you like you can add nuts for extra crunch.
- 3 to 4 mangoes
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrated
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 14 ½ oz. box gingerbread mix
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine 12 mangoes slices, orange juice concentrated and lime juice in a bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Melt butter in a 9×2 inch round cake pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange the mango slices in a attractive pattern over the sugar. Prepare gingerbread according to package directions. Pour batter over mangoes. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes; then invert on a platter. Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream.
- (Optional) you can add nuts with the Mango for extra crunch
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- best mango cake recipe