Arayes: crunchy, grilled pita stuffed with spicy meat.
Arayes وصفة العرايس: crunchy, grilled pita stuffed with spicy meat.
Summary: the best recipes for summertime grilling.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium size tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onions or 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of each black pepper and all spice, chili powder and Cajun seasonings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper
- 3 teaspoons jalapenos peppers
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pita bread
- oil to coat the pita
- Mix the meat with all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Cut each pita in half making a pocket and brush the outside of the pita with the oil.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture inside each pocket.
- Grill over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side, or until light golden brown.
- Serve with fattoush or your favorite salad.
Recipe by on.
Share on Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- Arayes recipe
- arayes kafta
- grilled stuffed pita bread
- grilled pita with meat inside